Fruit: Oranges, Orange Juice, Grapefruit, Strawberries, Grapes, Banana, Goji Berries, Raisins, Plantains
Dairy: All Milk, Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Cream, Yogurt, Butter, Ghee, Ice Cream, Non-Dairy Creamers
Grains: Corn, Barley, Spelt, Kamut, Farro, Rye, Couscous, Oats, Tritical, Wheat, White Rice, Tabbouleh, Cous Cous, Wheat-Based Pasta or Noodles
Meat: Eggs, Raw Fish, Pork, Beef, Veal, Sausage, Cold Cuts, Canned Meats, Hot Dogs, Shellfish, Frankfurters, Kielbasa, Bacon, smoked meats of any kind
Plant based protein: Soybean Products (Soy Sauce, Soybean Oil in processed foods, Tofu, Soy Milk, Soy Yogurt), Textured Vegetable Protein, Soy Cheese
Nuts: Peanuts, Peanut Butter
Vegetables: Corn, Creamed Vegetables, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Eggplants, All Peppers
Oils: Butter, Margarine, Shortening, Processed Oils, Canola Oil, Salad Dressings, Mayonnaise, Soy-based Spreads
Beverages: Alcohol, Coffee, Soda Pop, Soft Drinks, Black or Oolong tea, Fruit Juice (unless it's fresh-pressed)
Sweeteners: Agave, Brown Rice Syrup, Refined Sugar, White/Brown Sugars, Honey, Maple Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Evaporated Cane Juice, Splenda®, Equal®, Sweet’N Low®, Molasses, Erythritol
Condiments: Chocolate, Jam & Jellies (made with sugar), Ketchup, Relish, Chutney, Soy Sauce, Barbecue Sauce, Teriyaki, Bragg's Amino Acids, other condiments, Gum (unless natural & organic, there are some made with stevia- Spry brand is allowed, same for mints)
Things to Watch For: Read ingredient labels carefully!
- Corn and potato starch is often present in baking powder, beverages, and processed foods.
- Vinegar, mayonnaise, and some mustard can often include wheat, corn or soy as well as added sugars.
- Breads advertised as gluten-free still might contain sugar, oats, spelt, kamut, potato starch or corn.
- Many amaranth and millet flake cereals contain oat or corn.
- Many canned tunas contain textured vegetable protein, which is from soy; look for low-salt versions, which tend to be pure tuna, with no fillers and get water packed if canned.
- Multi-grain rice cakes are not just rice. Be sure to purchase plain organic brown rice cakes.
- “Natural flavors” can mean it contains MSG.