20 Ways to Make the Most of your Cleanse
Do these daily as they are helpful to the success of your Cleanse and being Clean for Life.
- Plan and prepare your three meals either as needed or in advance so you don’t go hungry. Two liquid meals; breakfast and dinner, and one solid meal for lunch. Supplements go with each meal, the Probiotic is one per day with your shake or lunch.
- Follow the Cleanse Diet guidelines for all your meals and snacks during the 21 days.
- Leave a 12 hour window between the last liquid meal of the day and the first liquid meal of the next. Try not to snack on solid food in between, but non caloric liquids are fine (herbal tea, lemon juice and water, plain water).
- Make sure you have at least one bowel movement each day. If you’re having difficulty due to an increase in fiber consumption, use triphala capsules, magnesium as in Eliminate sold in our online store and drink green juice with some beet juice as well.
- Drink enough pure water so that you urinate at least every few hours. If you aren’t going that much, drink more water, coconut water and green juice.
- Move. Sweating releases toxins so if you can work up a sweat, that’s great! Walk, dance, jump, hike, yoga, bike, swim... whatever gets the lymph flowing, even if it’s gentle movement. Park your car two blocks away from your destination, get off the subway or bus several blocks away from where you need to be and walk the rest of the way. Get up and walk around your office often, and take the long way to everything. These seemingly small choices are very beneficial to your cleanse.
- Rest. Get enough sleep (it may be more than you normally need) and take time every day to simply be still and quiet.
- Breathe. Deeply. All day long. Yoga practice is a great way to enhance your awareness of your breath.
- Enjoy. You’re giving yourself an incredible gift, and you’re worth it.
Additional Things to Enhance the Cleanse:
- Colonics. Since daily bowel movements are so important, often colonics will accelerate the process. One during the 21 day Cleanse is helpful.
- Skin brushing. Spend a few minutes removing dead skin cells before your morning shower with a dry skin brush before you shower.
- Hot/Cold Treatments. Once in the shower, power up your circulation and detoxification by alternating between hot and cold water, a few minutes of each.
- Infrared Sauna. Since sweating is important, this is a great method of cleansing and very therapeutic.
- Massage. Schedule a massage every week if your time and budget permits. The benefits are extensive and you’re worth it.
- Laugh. Try to do or find something every single day that makes you laugh out loud. It changes your body chemistry for the better and releases stress, one of the most toxic elements in our world and bodies.
- To encourage good bowel movements, drink two tablespoons of olive oil every night before you go to bed.
- Write. Keep a daily log of what you eat, what your thoughts are, how you’re feeling and how you sleep, and even what your dreams are. You can journal on the Clean Community site found at my.cleanprogram.com
- Eat a clove of garlic every day. Have it alone or thinly sliced and sandwiched between two thin apple slices. If this is too strong, you can take aged garlic capsules.
- Read. Anything related to health and wellness, the food system, the environment, meditation, spirituality, etc. Take this opportunity to educate yourself about what is going on in our world today and to provide more tools for self growth. Understanding your world and how we’re all interconnected will give you more conviction in your beliefs and cleansing goals, and will help you to maintain your results after completing the program.
- Create. Express your artistic side with dance, song, instruments, painting, sculpting; basically anything that activates your right brain. There are no limits here. Activating the right brain imprints this whole cleansing experience deeply into your intuitive and instinctive memory. Far in the future, even if the science and background of Clean living fade, your instincts will be stronger than your thinking brain and will guide you to making the right choices for health.